Monday, September 14, 2009

More Chips Butter Cheese Muffin ( Creaming method)

I always wonder how bakery shop can get nice muffin crust with a perfect dome. After reading some article I get to know that, to get a nice dome surface you batter must be thick, fill the mufifn batter until the brim of the muffin case, and preheat your oven at 210C before you started making. When you put the muffin into the oven lower back the temperature according to the orginal temperature.

When I was going through the recipe that I have, I was attracted to this recipe. The pictures of the muffin looks really good so without hesitate I went ahead and make it although I know some of the ingredients I didn't have on hand. I told myself it will work. After creaming the butter, sugar and cream cheese, I add the eggs one by one after each addition and mix well. After that I notice that the batter was so watery.

At that time I was really concern that my muffin will turn out flat. I keep telling myself it will be okay so I add the dry ingredients. After folding and all the batter turn out thick, I was so relieve. :)

Ingredients.
100g butter

80g cream cheese

150g castor sugar ( I reduce to 90g)

1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp chocolate emulco ( Omit this and use cocoa powder) 2 tbsp yogurt ( Omit this and add full cream milk)
3 eggs
45g white chocolate

45g milk chocolate ( Use normal choclate chips)
20g almond nibs
180g self raising flour

1/8 tsp salt.

Method.

1. Preheat oven to 180C.

2. Cream butter,sugar, and cream cheese till light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.

3. Beat in vanilla essece, chocolate emulco and yoghurt. (If mixture curdles add in a bit of the flour)
4. Fold in sifted ingredients and choclate chips. Spoon batter in to each paper case.
Sprinkle with almond nibs and extra chips on top.




5. Bake for 25 minutes until well risen or until a skewer insert in the centre and comes out clean.

No comments: